A must try! Always a treat this Halloween, check this recipe prepared by Miranda of Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Source: Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In the mixing bowl, add in the butter and powdered sugar. Mix on low until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and flour. Mix on low until the dough comes together. You'll need both teaspoons of vanilla to provide enough liquid for the dough to come together.
- Roll dough on the piece of parchment paper. Rolling out the cookies on more flour will make the dough crumbly.
- Cut out cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Freezing the cookies is necessary to make sure they keep their shape. Also if you need to add another layer of cookies, just place a piece of parchment paper on the top of the first row of cookies going into the freezer. This is save space and time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. The cookies will stay pale. I kept my cookies pretty thin so that they fit the cutters. They were probably about 1/4".
- Cool for 5 - 10 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack. You can frost them now if you choose.