Are you ready for a unique trick or treat experience? PastryMade got you covered!
- 2 cups (280 g) all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (44 g) confectioners’ sugar
- 8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 extra large egg at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Orange gel food coloring (Americolor brand is gluten free)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar and whisk to combine well. Add the butter, egg and vanilla, and mix to combine. Add the food coloring, and knead it into the dough. If you have disposable food-grade plastic gloves, it’s a great idea to wear them! The dough will be thick and relatively stiff. Chill the dough first for about 30 mins before rolling.
- Roll the dough using normal pin then PastryMade pin between two sheets of unbleached parchment paper into a round a bit less than 1/3-inch thick. Using a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Again, chill the cut out dough for about 15 mins first before baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and bake until just set in the center, about 8 minutes. The color of the cookies will lighten, but the baking time is not long enough for the cookies to visibly brown much at at all. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet until set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.