An easy treat to bring some spring into your life. Sharing recipes made by Inger of Art of Natural Living.
Source: Art of Natural Living
8 Tablespoons butter, softened (1 stick)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup colorful jimmies
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour until well combined. Fold in jimmies by hand (a mixer will break them up too much).
- Knead dough a few times until it comes together. Chill in refrigerator at least ½ hour.
- Roll dough with a standard roller to about ¼ inch thick. When at correct thinness, roll with PastryMade rolling pin to press in design (this will thin it a little more which is fine). Position a cookie cutter over nice areas of the design and cut out cookies. Chill cookies in freezer for about 10 minutes or refrigerator for about ½ hour.
- Bake at 400 F. Start checking for doneness at 7 minutes, then every minute thereafter until cookies are just starting to brown. Cool on wire rack.