Who can say no to chocolates? Dive in to Chocolate Springerle Cookies made with PastryMade Rolling Pins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture one fourth at a time.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- When using PastryMade rolling pins, roll out dough with plain rolling pin to about ¼ inch thick. Make sure the top is floured and use rolling pin to imprint the design on the dough. The final thickness should be about 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutters or pastry cutter to cut out cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 8 dozen 2½ inch diameter cookies.
- It's best to work with dough that is still cold and a bit firm. If your dough is room temperature and it will stick to the rolling pin
- Freezing the cookies before baking helps hold the embossed pattern (For 10-15 mins)