We will be featuring the goodness of butter cookies one step further with the addition of maple syrup by Susan of Learning And Yearning
Source: Learning And Yearning
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Resting time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups organic unbleached flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add the egg, maple syrup, and extract.
- Mix the sea salt into the flour then blend into the rest of the mixture gradually. After it is well incorporated, divide your dough in 3 separate balls, wrap them in plastic wrap, or beeswax wrap, and chill them for an hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- After it's chilled, roll out one ball of dough, leaving it rather thick, so that after you've rolled over it one more time with the PastryMade pin, you have 1/4-inch thick cookies.
- Wrap up any extra pieces you have after cutting out your cookies and re-chill while you do the same thing with another small ball of dough, until you've cut out all your cookies.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet (no need to worry about spacing; these cookies don't puff up), and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until the cookie bottoms start to turn a light brown.
Tips on cleaning your PastryMade Pin:
- Wash dry with a brush first, then if needed with water and dry well before using again
- Do not wash in a dishwasher and try to avoid prolonged contact with water.
- Dry it thoroughly and apply a layer of vegetable oil or olive oil (Keep away from direct sunlight).
- Before using, brush it with vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Regularly oiling your rolling pin will increase its longevity
- Never use soap! It will remove off the natural oils of the wood