Have hours of fun rolling out the dough with the Kids size PastryMade pin!
Kids absolutely love these cookies and devour a whole batch within the space of just a few days. Check this amazing recipes from
Eat, Little Bird.
Source: Eat, Little Bird.
- 175g (1 ½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons light muscovado sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 egg yolks
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place the butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Using the flat paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Measure the flour and spices into a bowl.
- Add a few tablespoons of the flour mixture at a time to the butter and sugar, and incorporate on slow speed.
- Once all of the dry ingredients have been added, add a bit of the cold water (you may not need all of it) and mix until everything comes together into a soft ball.
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll until the mixture is about 5mm thick.
- Place the rolled out dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) (without fan).
- Roll carefully and firmly with the PastryMade Pin. Cut out shapes from the dough and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.