Another cookie recipe with tea from Gail's Goodies that you will surely love! Adding tea directly to the dough infuses it with cardamom and a mild tea flavor.
All credits to: Gail's Goodies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Cardamom teabags (or chai, or earl Grey)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix dry ingredients together. Cut open the teabags and add the tea leaves to the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix in the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (2 days is better to let the flavor develop).
- For cut cookies, roll out to 1/4 inch thick roll with normal pin then PastryMade pin and cut into shapes.
- Bake on parchment-lined baking pans at 375°F for 7 minutes or until edges are golden brown.