A recipe perfect for chocolate lovers! Perfect for your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated organic cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.75 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer, or in a large bowl Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients in several batches. Be sure to mix thoroughly before adding more dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate dough for an hour or so.
- Divide dough the dough in half. Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface. Use the Pastrymade rolling pin to emboss the dough.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a highball glass to cut into simple circles, or use your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Place cut out cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. I like to line mine with one of these. Cool slightly then remove to wire rack. Cool completely before attempting to dip in chocolate.
- Pre heat oven to 400F degrees. Bake for six to ten minutes or until cookies are light brown around the edges.
To make chocolate dipped sugar cookies
- Melt one bag of chocolate chips in a double boiler stirring constantly. Chocolate can burn over high heat; a double boiler prevents this from happening. If you don't have a double boiler, you can set a small saucepan into a larger saucepan partly filled with water.
- (Be sure that you don't get any water in the chocolate.) Once the chocolate is melted, dip one edge of each cookie and set cookies onto a wire rack.