A revamped of one of the old shortbread cookie recipes and added some chai spices to give it a little something extra.
2.5 cups almond flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and all of the spices until combined.
- Next, add in the butter and maple syrup and use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix the dough together. Mix until completely combined. The dough will be thick.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the dough to chill and firm up a bit.
- When the dough has been in the fridge for an hour, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While preheating, you are going to roll the dough out.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a ball, and place it on a large piece of parchment paper. Next, use a regular smooth rolling pin to gently roll out the dough, always starting in the center and working your way out. You may have to turn the parchment paper a couple of times to go in different directions. Roll the dough until you have a very thin layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
- When using the PastryMade pin, just place the rolling pin on one end of the dough, apply a little bit of pressure, and roll it all the way across without stopping.
- Use a cookie cutter or a coffee mug to cut out the cookies. Transfer them to a lined baking sheet, and continue with the rest of the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. Let them cool slightly before eating.